THE WHITENESS




(Written on the bridge to nowhere on the walking trail.)

~

The whiteness Of this light
Dives deep inside this man
Release your hounds of hell
I'll have 'em eating out of my hand

They say Venus is the bringer of Peace
She is, I suppose, but not melancholy
Red and and brown and breathing
Red, brown and breathing
Red and breathing
And breathing
Breathing

Love's the bringer of Peace
Peace is the harbinger of Love
Love brings Peace, Peace holds her in
Keeps them both from War's teeth
From the dark hound and jackal
Breathing her redness like a beast
Red and brown breathing Peace
Peace breathing
Breathing

Just built Venus a house
Built it from the ground, up
Swilling the scent of sweat
Salt on the tongue of Love's thrum
Hard on the new floors, easy upon the rest
Venus, sleep Love, while I drum

The whiteness of this light
Dives deep inside
Sleep
Sleep
Sleep
Dream
Dream
Drum



Comments

Popular Peace

It Is Love, No?

To My Lovely Love...

Through My Hands

Remembering My Lessons

Dearest Love, Please Forgive Me