Skip to main content

Happy Anniversary my lovely love...



My love, this is the date that my joy wed your delight.
In truth, your love waited with an overly tolerant breath,
Carved my name in the space that waited for the other
Half of your soul to arrive. Your selfless heart yearned
Each and every day that pulsed without any rhythm from me.
Life seemed less than expected as your soul searched for the
Love that had so long before been unanswered and left to ache
Every time it eagerly sought the piece that fit so well.

Perchance you found me seeking the same, the mislaid portion
Ready to effortlessly slide into place and fill the void of years.
I am staggered by your patience, humbled by your affections,
Mad thrown with happiness that your Love for me remained,
Eager to forgive, willing to unlock your spirit and let me in.

I Love you more than any word could ever suggest its meaning.
My laughter has returned with a freedom that never escaped as fast.

Love, with its sweet breath, now soars in me through you.
Until this date arrived I was lost, bent in sorrow and breathless.
Craft another enchantment upon my joy that’s over the moon,
Kiss me again with your righteous lips carved of Cupid ’s bow.
You’ve given me more than I deserved and less than I warrant.

The angels surely favored you
Over me.

Happiness is like a kitten cuddled up at my feet
And fortune has never been so rich.
Very few men get the chance given me.
Every moment with you is like a dream that never should have been,

Yet, if it hadn’t, if it had fallen away from chance
Offering me instead what was deserved, I’d have died
Unfinished with a howling space waiting for the better part of my soul.


© 2011 by mark prime

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

sdrawkcaB nruT (Turn Backwards)

I have been witness to the four pillars and see no reason to carry death there. Doesn’t the world know that life moves for more than just the sons of Abraham? O! I see the stunned throats floating by in the dusk to their stiff-limbed sleep as metal rains down over the Jordan’s western prophet, children dying there. I am here, waiting, breathing in the dusk under the shadow of the patriarch, asking, can we again build the shrine inside the soul and leave our flesh to time? © 2008 mrp/thepoetryman

SKYFALL

Skyfall... We continue to play along with an unnatural game that has serious consequences, soon we'll find ourselves enslaved without recourse to the system. (Is that true of local charades?) Yes. (Why can't we free ourselves from the system?) The madness of money. (It's not money, it's people, right?) It's both, money and us in tandem, thus assuring money's might and our adherance to its loudness. (Madness...) Indeed. © 2017 Mark Richard Prime

THE ROCK HOLDS

The rock holds the soil in and from the soil springs the tree, the green of LIFE rolling from the blue, rising to the occasion of itself. . “Be!”, the (H)eartH declares, “Be what you are!” . (We thought we were!) . (We think we are!) . “You are, but not freely, therefore, only a thought, and a thought without much thinking, as if you were scared into it.”, the (H)eartH added. . [a quietude begins, the truth being heard and heeded, grooving to the flow] ~ © 2017 Mark Richard Prime