Skip to main content

Prayers in Motion


My voice can serve a grander purpose! Love. Feed the hungry, clothe the exposed, give dwelling to the homeless, help the sick and dying and commune with the living spirit(s) or my voice can merely be self-seeking and fall away as if the words never pursed my lips.

Prayers, to me, aren’t merely verbalized, they're acted upon by my own works of compassion, and, if they are not acted upon, they cannot soar and are nothing more than vacant words. If I give my voice to the multitude of the deprived and downtrodden, there’s more Love in it. Give my voice to action, don’t allow it to be self-interested or have anything to be gained from it other than the call of my selfless duty, my obligation to help my fellow brothers and sisters. Do this and goodness will surely follow. It will follow that which is given, given without regard to what any group or particular ego might imagine that it knows.

I cannot know. I can only believe.

It’s simple really, I'll pray while I'm in motion because motion creates… Prayers, according to my belief, must become universal in their subject matter and appeal, they must breathe with a loving and selfless consciousness. If my prayers become the tools of division and separation, they’ll be nothing more and nothing less than the antithesis to goodness, and they will fall short of their purpose; love.

I conjure my own way, my own path. Even as I hobble upon pathways lined in thorns, I can, and eventually will, arrive Home. I must end division and separation of all types; pinch off the buds of brooding partitions, dismantle my own wish in order that I might congregate with pure unadulterated Love, love for Love’s sake. After all, love is my purpose. I must be a proud steward of the garden, of that which gives without asking in return, of that which continues to provide despite any caustic influence, of that which is, according to my belief and to my burgeoning delight, Heaven…

© 2011 by mark prime

Comments

  1. "...Be proud stewards of the garden,
    of that which gives
    without asking in return,
    of that which continues to provide
    despite man’s caustic influence,
    of that which is,
    according to my belief and my burgeoning delight,
    heaven…"

    My favorite part... just beautiful Mark! Thank you, so much, for sharing this.

    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jesus Is the best OHHHH YES!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tara, thank you. Sharing it was my pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Anon,
    Yes. If one chooses to live in goodness, without doing harm to another, without harming flesh, spirit and earth... I say fantastic!

    Study the stars, the trees, the mountains, the soil and the spirit that dances around you, embrace them all without the thought of ownership or oppression or damnation.

    It is not a single account, it is all, it is everything, it is ours to join, not to own.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

sdrawkcaB nruT (Turn Backwards)

I have been witness to the four pillars and see no reason to carry death there. Doesn’t the world know that life moves for more than just the sons of Abraham? O! I see the stunned throats floating by in the dusk to their stiff-limbed sleep as metal rains down over the Jordan’s western prophet, children dying there. I am here, waiting, breathing in the dusk under the shadow of the patriarch, asking, can we again build the shrine inside the soul and leave our flesh to time? © 2008 mrp/thepoetryman
........•SHRIEKING MACHINE•........                  •HEAD-LINES•                           •RIP•     ---(“Russian missiles blast Ukrainian military academy and hospital, killing more than 50, officials say”)---    There are no more lessons to learn here, no more beds to hold the human wounded, just missile’s shrieking their grotesque ode, The Death of Humankind! RIP, children of God…    ---(“Hundreds attend Mercer Island vigil, march for murdered Israeli hostages”)---    Dear mourners, this is the brutal vacuum of a genocidal, terror-filled, indiscriminate war-machine made of fear and we are all hostages to its deafening roar! RIP, children of God…    ---(“10-year-old allegedly confesses to fatally shooting 82-year-old man and his daughter”)---    I must confess, this is part of war’s shrieking, children lost with a we...

Waiting for It

Why do they stay there, between war and peace? Sky’s tapestry doles out guns, bombs and rocks while flesh and bone swim away from the ache yet live on as the food for the murder of peace. Why do we hide from the truth as if it were an ogre while death makes a home inside their living and war dispatches a raven to their door, smirking with the teeth of empire? Why do we wait, stooped for another wink? The sky’s drapery has tossed down ample clues, peace is breathing in harmony with war. (Road-maps are useless to blind leaders.) Why do they hold there, hunched in the gloom? Hatred’s bird cackling with bereavement needs end. Are we not rightly dishonored when we fill its trough with blood? © 2007 mrp/thepoetryman