Skip to main content

Cataracts


Met a couple of fellow travelers, Richard (John) and Ania, a couple, "homeless" at the moment. Richard and I spoke for about an hour and a half in the public parking lot on A street next to the trail in Bentonville.

He was a gentle soul, a man experiencing some health problems, cataracts (nearing blindness) and various internal issues. Richard had difficulty seeing so we sat near enough to one another as to make it most comfortable.

We spoke of homelessness, the church, the Cherokee, we both are descendents, though he was nearer to the tribe by direct descendancy than I, and we talked of society, belief, God, Creation, nature, the (H)eartH, the Heart(H), governance, suffering and its possible meaning.

We were doing what we thinking beasts are meant to do, dance with one another's spirit and converse lovingly and thoughtfully about our human purpose. I enjoyed our conversation immensely.

(Ania was most kind as well, but she was catching up on her much needed sleep after working all night.)

We parted ways with a mutual respect and a gravity of our meeting and our connection. We learned and we taught, we loved and we honored our kinship.

Peace, fellow travelers. Bless you both, and may you find goodness, Peace, Love and Laughter upon your path, assuring you of humanity's affection.

(Wait for it. Wait. Wait. Wait for it...)

O! May we soon sense our connection to one another!

May we know and always remember after we've met
that there is a reason for our suffering, great and small.

May we understand one another and sense the truth,
the exactness of our existence.

If not I ask, why do you not speak, Creation?
Why won't you bring us the nature of your reason, God?
Why remain a mystery within our human blindness?
Speak to Me that I might tell the world of salvation in all of this.

(Silence...)

Boom boom, I echo to your silence!
Boom boom, I boom back to your absence!

Enough of your mystery and reason's darkness,
children are starving, homeless, sick, dying,
crying, abuse, misuse, man-fouled wars,
cackling hell's minute, raping, and lying.
Come. Enter the light and reveal your Heaven.

(Hush, child. All is going to be okay.)

Now! Now! Now! Now! Now!
Not another minute of your lessons!
Relinquish us of our hell, enter your Heaven!

I weep! I weep! I weep!

End humankind's march into ever-sleep,
take our hand and we will take one another's,
together we'll walk side by side in paradise,
hearts held near our love of sister and brother-
Come, let us dance, let us rejoice and be,
as Mother, Father, Daughter and Son,
as cousins of the truth of the one seed.

I willfully demand this of my prayer.
If I am to learn, might I be righteous,
might I be lovingly brave in my plea,
courageous in my questions to thee.

Now, echo your answer back upon Me,
If I'm to suffer,
Let me be the only one for my belief.
If I am not to escape man's creation of Hell,
I ask that I be only one,
that agony might be set free.

O! May we soon sense our connection to one another!

May we know and always remember after we've met
that there is a reason for our suffering, great and small.

May we understand one another and sense the truth,
the exactness of our existence.


Peace

© 2013 the spirit of Love dancing through Mark Richard Prime

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

sdrawkcaB nruT (Turn Backwards)

I have been witness to the four pillars and see no reason to carry death there. Doesn’t the world know that life moves for more than just the sons of Abraham? O! I see the stunned throats floating by in the dusk to their stiff-limbed sleep as metal rains down over the Jordan’s western prophet, children dying there. I am here, waiting, breathing in the dusk under the shadow of the patriarch, asking, can we again build the shrine inside the soul and leave our flesh to time? © 2008 mrp/thepoetryman

SKYFALL

Skyfall... We continue to play along with an unnatural game that has serious consequences, soon we'll find ourselves enslaved without recourse to the system. (Is that true of local charades?) Yes. (Why can't we free ourselves from the system?) The madness of money. (It's not money, it's people, right?) It's both, money and us in tandem, thus assuring money's might and our adherance to its loudness. (Madness...) Indeed. © 2017 Mark Richard Prime

THE ROCK HOLDS

The rock holds the soil in and from the soil springs the tree, the green of LIFE rolling from the blue, rising to the occasion of itself. . “Be!”, the (H)eartH declares, “Be what you are!” . (We thought we were!) . (We think we are!) . “You are, but not freely, therefore, only a thought, and a thought without much thinking, as if you were scared into it.”, the (H)eartH added. . [a quietude begins, the truth being heard and heeded, grooving to the flow] ~ © 2017 Mark Richard Prime