Skip to main content

It's Time

Mark,
Remember this memory? Birth?

Every love offered, every peace made, every promise kept, every helping hand, every loving gaze, every beautiful silence. (Silence.) rang the alarm. Time? There’s no such thing. It’s irrelevant to everything. Love has seen to that. There is a tipping point and the cable's snapped and you're free falling in space like a shooting star, without eyes, what, oh what do you know but the earth?

If I am missing something, I suppose then I might ask love a question, haven't I need to find love on my own walk and not that of anyone or anything else?

I am to serve the earth, instead I've been strangling her shores with toxins dumped in her waters, boiling air, smog lifting its talons to greed, great heaps of jangling metal frames, in honor of what exactly? Me and only me? Tell me preachers, has anyone the key?

~

I cry when I dance with a soul that’s truly alive because spirits have suffered greatly at my hand. Where was I going? Why didn’t I remember sooner who I was?

The sky and water and soil are stained with so many mixtures that the human brain has shut off empathy.


~

Pray for love to come surging ahead of fear, to relinquish itself of the parasite of thought.


© 2012 by mark prime


Popular posts from this blog

sdrawkcaB nruT (Turn Backwards)

I have been witness to the four pillars and see no reason to carry death there. Doesn’t the world know that life moves for more than just the sons of Abraham? O! I see the stunned throats floating by in the dusk to their stiff-limbed sleep as metal rains down over the Jordan’s western prophet, children dying there. I am here, waiting, breathing in the dusk under the shadow of the patriarch, asking, can we again build the shrine inside the soul and leave our flesh to time? © 2008 mrp/thepoetryman

Waiting for It

Why do they stay there, between war and peace? Sky’s tapestry doles out guns, bombs and rocks while flesh and bone swim away from the ache yet live on as the food for the murder of peace. Why do we hide from the truth as if it were an ogre while death makes a home inside their living and war dispatches a raven to their door, smirking with the teeth of empire? Why do we wait, stooped for another wink? The sky’s drapery has tossed down ample clues, peace is breathing in harmony with war. (Road-maps are useless to blind leaders.) Why do they hold there, hunched in the gloom? Hatred’s bird cackling with bereavement needs end. Are we not rightly dishonored when we fill its trough with blood? © 2007 mrp/thepoetryman
........•SHRIEKING MACHINE•........                  •HEAD-LINES•                           •RIP•     ---(“Russian missiles blast Ukrainian military academy and hospital, killing more than 50, officials say”)---    There are no more lessons to learn here, no more beds to hold the human wounded, just missile’s shrieking their grotesque ode, The Death of Humankind! RIP, children of God…    ---(“Hundreds attend Mercer Island vigil, march for murdered Israeli hostages”)---    Dear mourners, this is the brutal vacuum of a genocidal, terror-filled, indiscriminate war-machine made of fear and we are all hostages to its deafening roar! RIP, children of God…    ---(“10-year-old allegedly confesses to fatally shooting 82-year-old man and his daughter”)---    I must confess, this is part of war’s shrieking, children lost with a we...