Skip to main content

Beyond the Reach of Time


The stars always seem the same, same message, same warning… love.

Love generally doesn’t require that I undress my rage and wars and death and death and death will become me beneath my skin, a shell of robot parts and guilt will follow me to my loveless crypt, my fight to a photo finish. Let me begin my caress with great haste. She waits and waits and cries out to my better self. She enters in without an ounce of hate. She begins with her love and ends with her full love come calling down to greet me to sleep evermore…

~

Get to dancing, bring your guitars! Douse your scripts made of oils, our addiction! Plastic, metal, wood, rock, tree! Get our lonesome doves to groove the sky with Elvis, with Jesus set to clip our ankles and tumble this all goodbye. Love, when accompanied by hate, rape and murder of the loveliest of our flesh and blood, mere surface and bones cracking like mortality, always dies. Mortal fools made of brain lifting despicable wishes to disregard home and mother. Shame.

The poetry at night needed to be set free, the poet followed suit and rose with his pen to vanquish the mighty sword! He wielded his spirit, a dance that the clock chimed to run wicked, beyond the reach of time. She’s not prepared to give it all away because the song needed more time, more occasions to obey…

Yes.

Jump, Mark Richard Prime! Time travel beyond the self and into the arms of love! Rush, child! It’s time to bring it back to where, who and what you are…

Let me begin now. Let me move across the stage with grace that others might notice and not have need to search more for my lesser self…

Love will speak through your feet in the fields, in the gardens, in the sky from the mountain. Glide in dear children, give it the price to be paid or the other shoe will come down on your heads and the pain will begin as it moves across your gaping face.

~

 I’ve spent every dime and found that the man in my way was me. I was blind, but now I see…

Take me down to the last floor and walk me back into goodness and smile upon creation. I must get to it! If I am to suffer with you more, let it come now, love! My friends, my brothers and sisters, I’m standing before you, you brought me to my own christening, my home built of love, filled with the semblance of love. How can I embellish the scene swelling before me like a red balloon floating over the mounting laughter like its made of a wayward rush of air?

I’m here to remedy the queen of love. Love broke through my silence like a bullet slipping between my ribs, like a husband coming home too late, like a wife regretting her wanton song that danced past her truth of love.

~

Love, Love is waiting with handcuffs, blood drips down her wrist like a waterfall steeped in horses hemorrhaging from head to hoof, staring at these devious smirks descending across empty-eyed faces, makeshift masks that are too small to hold back rage, to spin in space with wisdom’s king come asking if the sky sank low from foul use. Thinking is not a godsend, too much oozes into the houses made of glass, neck deep and coming down all around bravery like a surgeon wielding a bomb instead of a blade, puppets of greed sniffing the awful stench pouring from the front to the back…

~

He sensed being followed by love’s missile of shrieking truth between all of the damn lies, all of the damned insanity against Love. Bring me up, sidewalk, beneath my feet where the ground used to be. Don’t you see, I've got to begin, I have. I am not thine enemy. I’m not the enemy, truth is, this falling star smiling upon flesh with a thump of one love. The heart’s coming undone, fallen to the sidewalk, staring up at me now. It’s time to relinquish my stay of this place. Goodbye, see you on the other side…

Why the long face? It wasn’t your song that held me close; it was your spirit that captivated mine as your echo sang in words of motion, lines of crystalline hope stroking a higher calling.

The phone’s gone dead. It was time. The clock held off its tick and its tock, its grand reach, its effervescent glow fading fast. I’m done with the “nows” that have readily become the “thens:”. My spirit held all dear while it looked around to see me dancing with a hand lain gently on your shoulder, leading us both to where we are now, alone of one another in our flesh.

~

These words that pour forth like a fountain of truth, of Love’s winding path felt evermore through my fingers to your loving side, feel right. This time they picked me up off of the sidewalk and slammed me back down to the soil, to home where love met me half way and swung me back to step one, or is it step two or three? Either way, I've captured my share of the loving spirit now strangling itself in emptiness and echoing its yapping maw too swift for anyone to know, to recognize this place among angels…

~

She toppled out over my shoes, she wept inside and laughed out loud, her shock that anyone could be talking to love in the street, grooving to the stars that are held at bay, showing a caged beast that’s sensed its own escape, knowing the jackal’s teeth had not found themselves bared, but waiting for death to find her there, interfering with eternity’s groove.

End all wars to greet Love smiling, your upside down lips ready to be kissed to keep you from letting go too soon.

Too soon? But-

Shhh… hush child. You’ve said enough for now…

Enough? Why wait? Have I fool across my brow? (The bead dropped off my forehead and landed on my sweater.) Why imagine I've any time left before death asks if I'm ready? Your threat stands idle before me, it bridges nothing sacred, but it swims as if it’s deaf, like the water becoming noise instead of sound.

Rise up oh children! Bring your love like a wish sent soilward instead of skyward...

I’m waiting no more. It’s time to summon love and ask if creation’s ready for me to speak. Ready to dance across the street, the ground, the water, the forest, the mountains, the air, the stage that’s everyday, the foundation that grips my fingers like a clamp made of bones. Oh dance with me! Love is waiting for me to commence! Step one, step two, and step three have closed my fear and pushed out love’s waiting flesh and said goodbye…

Peace, Love and goodness be upon the spirits twisting fate, slicing through the thin veneer- too late…


© 2012 by mark richard prime


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

sdrawkcaB nruT (Turn Backwards)

I have been witness to the four pillars and see no reason to carry death there. Doesn’t the world know that life moves for more than just the sons of Abraham? O! I see the stunned throats floating by in the dusk to their stiff-limbed sleep as metal rains down over the Jordan’s western prophet, children dying there. I am here, waiting, breathing in the dusk under the shadow of the patriarch, asking, can we again build the shrine inside the soul and leave our flesh to time? © 2008 mrp/thepoetryman

SKYFALL

Skyfall... We continue to play along with an unnatural game that has serious consequences, soon we'll find ourselves enslaved without recourse to the system. (Is that true of local charades?) Yes. (Why can't we free ourselves from the system?) The madness of money. (It's not money, it's people, right?) It's both, money and us in tandem, thus assuring money's might and our adherance to its loudness. (Madness...) Indeed. © 2017 Mark Richard Prime

THE ROCK HOLDS

The rock holds the soil in and from the soil springs the tree, the green of LIFE rolling from the blue, rising to the occasion of itself. . “Be!”, the (H)eartH declares, “Be what you are!” . (We thought we were!) . (We think we are!) . “You are, but not freely, therefore, only a thought, and a thought without much thinking, as if you were scared into it.”, the (H)eartH added. . [a quietude begins, the truth being heard and heeded, grooving to the flow] ~ © 2017 Mark Richard Prime