Skip to main content

I Touched Your Arm Tonight to Say I Love You...


Who is that man standing with love. It is you. And you, and you stand beside love and you and you. They do battle within me! They raise their tears in memory of humankind. I cannot shake their beauty, I cannot hold them near enough for fright of the least in me, to the shame of love.

(What’s that you sing now brother? A song for your belief or a song that’s been sung so many times in the books of man. Where is yours? Where is your courage to speak up, to love the earth, the mother, the heart of love and all and everything? ...Leave it be, my child…)

But love, I don’t understand why the burden be as if its dreamt, and not lived. Happening and imagined, evident and foggy shores ahead to me if I will not and more… Wait- where was I?

(A feint whisper calling across your sorrow like the strings sending forth its quiver.)

No. That is not where I was, I was with you.

(You are merely waiting on me to know who you are.)

And I, waiting to see who you might conjure next, your sweet smile, war’s godless thunder, joy’s drive-by shooting- scratch that- love…

(You turn now in the air of heavenly earth. Oh! She loves this game of yours that you seem unaware, shadows, glances, moments, now and now, howl love!)

I scream Love. I moan Love. I laugh Love. I cry Love. I want it to begin, love evermore...


© 2012 by mark prime


Popular posts from this blog

sdrawkcaB nruT (Turn Backwards)

I have been witness to the four pillars and see no reason to carry death there. Doesn’t the world know that life moves for more than just the sons of Abraham? O! I see the stunned throats floating by in the dusk to their stiff-limbed sleep as metal rains down over the Jordan’s western prophet, children dying there. I am here, waiting, breathing in the dusk under the shadow of the patriarch, asking, can we again build the shrine inside the soul and leave our flesh to time? © 2008 mrp/thepoetryman

SKYFALL

Skyfall... We continue to play along with an unnatural game that has serious consequences, soon we'll find ourselves enslaved without recourse to the system. (Is that true of local charades?) Yes. (Why can't we free ourselves from the system?) The madness of money. (It's not money, it's people, right?) It's both, money and us in tandem, thus assuring money's might and our adherance to its loudness. (Madness...) Indeed. © 2017 Mark Richard Prime

THE ROCK HOLDS

The rock holds the soil in and from the soil springs the tree, the green of LIFE rolling from the blue, rising to the occasion of itself. . “Be!”, the (H)eartH declares, “Be what you are!” . (We thought we were!) . (We think we are!) . “You are, but not freely, therefore, only a thought, and a thought without much thinking, as if you were scared into it.”, the (H)eartH added. . [a quietude begins, the truth being heard and heeded, grooving to the flow] ~ © 2017 Mark Richard Prime