Skip to main content

When Peace and War Collide



War denies the earth’s grave rumble, her plea within my ear, an inescapable aria shattering the selfish walls of separation, thundering vociferously like a shot across my brow, eyelevel warnings of my use of her as creation’s tomb, my dumping depravity and brutality upon her affections. O! Can’t I cease this; my ceremony of bereavement? Bring an end to my marauding bravery before she weeps again, before I'm sent cowering, groveling for mercy and Love? It is of a most momentous weight that I conformed! I must join my bloodstained hands and begin to cleanse the dark spirit!

Syria, Afghanistan, Egypt, Israel, Darfur, Côte d'Ivoire, America, one seed, one family, searching for what’s been buried from view, pinched, squashed and hidden beneath the eyes, within the self-dug grave beneath a solemn verdict.

I, with my thoughts hovering in prayerless ignorance, lowering mass indifference to love underneath the loam, mourn of my self-blindness sunk inside my self-despair; peace and war colliding into the hovering spirits, never to realize the shame in annihilation. War is terrified of peace’s authority and fortification; parallel arms brought together, fists smashing in concert like a battering ram. They are meant to knock down my graveness, remove smirking war from my smiling thoughts, strip it naked that I might again allow peace to take Love’s hand and, like an animal, be content and indebted to simply being…


© 2011 by mark prime

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

sdrawkcaB nruT (Turn Backwards)

I have been witness to the four pillars and see no reason to carry death there. Doesn’t the world know that life moves for more than just the sons of Abraham? O! I see the stunned throats floating by in the dusk to their stiff-limbed sleep as metal rains down over the Jordan’s western prophet, children dying there. I am here, waiting, breathing in the dusk under the shadow of the patriarch, asking, can we again build the shrine inside the soul and leave our flesh to time? © 2008 mrp/thepoetryman

SKYFALL

Skyfall... We continue to play along with an unnatural game that has serious consequences, soon we'll find ourselves enslaved without recourse to the system. (Is that true of local charades?) Yes. (Why can't we free ourselves from the system?) The madness of money. (It's not money, it's people, right?) It's both, money and us in tandem, thus assuring money's might and our adherance to its loudness. (Madness...) Indeed. © 2017 Mark Richard Prime

THE ROCK HOLDS

The rock holds the soil in and from the soil springs the tree, the green of LIFE rolling from the blue, rising to the occasion of itself. . “Be!”, the (H)eartH declares, “Be what you are!” . (We thought we were!) . (We think we are!) . “You are, but not freely, therefore, only a thought, and a thought without much thinking, as if you were scared into it.”, the (H)eartH added. . [a quietude begins, the truth being heard and heeded, grooving to the flow] ~ © 2017 Mark Richard Prime