Skip to main content

Our- Scratch that- My Purpose...


Nature, if I'll but listen, calls to me with love. She implores that I make a vow with the song of kinship, the incantation of peace and goodness. The sky, the mountain, the stream, the forest and ocean wait on me to implement my inherent love upon another, my caress of all things that whisper of serenity. Nature is patient, much like Love, and looks to me for wisdom, for reason to counter the destruction and agony found in cruelty, in murderous rage, greed and indifference.

Why I was unable to see the endgame of ruin found in war is beyond my reach, yet the path to peace rests within me. The answers dream the question that I must ask myself, is my purpose love or is my function to hate? If I conclude that my reason for being is hatred, then I must convince the instinct for survival of its hopelessness, then encourage war to end all suffering, to come swift with horror in its fists like the birds of Ares. If I conclude that my reason for being is love, then I must persuade war that it has no value. War’s cruelty and murder and theft of spirit are counter to my very existence, opposed to my purpose and a detrimental and insensible contamination!

Nature, if I'll but listen, pleads to me with an imperative love, a love that implores I declare with great urgency my kinship, that I sing the song of love, the incantation of peace.

© 2011 by mark prime

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

sdrawkcaB nruT (Turn Backwards)

I have been witness to the four pillars and see no reason to carry death there. Doesn’t the world know that life moves for more than just the sons of Abraham? O! I see the stunned throats floating by in the dusk to their stiff-limbed sleep as metal rains down over the Jordan’s western prophet, children dying there. I am here, waiting, breathing in the dusk under the shadow of the patriarch, asking, can we again build the shrine inside the soul and leave our flesh to time? © 2008 mrp/thepoetryman

SKYFALL

Skyfall... We continue to play along with an unnatural game that has serious consequences, soon we'll find ourselves enslaved without recourse to the system. (Is that true of local charades?) Yes. (Why can't we free ourselves from the system?) The madness of money. (It's not money, it's people, right?) It's both, money and us in tandem, thus assuring money's might and our adherance to its loudness. (Madness...) Indeed. © 2017 Mark Richard Prime

THE ROCK HOLDS

The rock holds the soil in and from the soil springs the tree, the green of LIFE rolling from the blue, rising to the occasion of itself. . “Be!”, the (H)eartH declares, “Be what you are!” . (We thought we were!) . (We think we are!) . “You are, but not freely, therefore, only a thought, and a thought without much thinking, as if you were scared into it.”, the (H)eartH added. . [a quietude begins, the truth being heard and heeded, grooving to the flow] ~ © 2017 Mark Richard Prime