Skip to main content

Of My Path (11th Violent Verse of 2010)

(click to enlarge) 

~
Characteristics of a nonviolent campaign:
▪ respect for the opponent/everyone involved-
▪ care for everyone involved-
▪ refusal to harm, damage or degrade people-
▪ if suffering is inevitable, willingness to take it on yourself rather than inflict it on others
▪ belief that everyone is capable of change-
▪ appeal to the opponents' humanity-
▪ recognition that no one has a monopoly of truth, so aims to bring together our 'truth' and the opponents' 'truth'-
▪ understanding that the means are the ends in the making, so the means have to be consistent with the end-
~

And I told them, since goodness flows from my pores through fiery passion and underneath the feet of humanity, I shall alter my course to tunnel out from failure, irrigating the roots of my blossoms.

All around me I remember, recall kinship, my connection with those I see. I did not expect adoration to be waiting ahead of me, I imagined signs in the shape of vipers, coiled around my trespasses, pale blue.

I do not expect. I pray for truth and strive for compassion in me first. Man will consider me to be of peace; a dangerous man, a free spirit, open arms, tender eyes, standing by. And I’ll say, I love, I love, I love! I’ll care for every person, every plant, every tree and blade of grass, every living thing, all breath and sacred ground. And if this worship grants air to only one, even if this, my love, carts agony and places a trap or casualty for me, then so be it.

Of this path I say to them, good. Let it be taken, let it be walked upon, traveled upon flesh back home, but, before I trek, before I walk next to even one, I must remember my tall devotion, my humanity and the globe’s monstrous pain, a looking glass that mirrors my face, the stage from which I view this world.


© 2010 by mark prime



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

sdrawkcaB nruT (Turn Backwards)

I have been witness to the four pillars and see no reason to carry death there. Doesn’t the world know that life moves for more than just the sons of Abraham? O! I see the stunned throats floating by in the dusk to their stiff-limbed sleep as metal rains down over the Jordan’s western prophet, children dying there. I am here, waiting, breathing in the dusk under the shadow of the patriarch, asking, can we again build the shrine inside the soul and leave our flesh to time? © 2008 mrp/thepoetryman

SKYFALL

Skyfall... We continue to play along with an unnatural game that has serious consequences, soon we'll find ourselves enslaved without recourse to the system. (Is that true of local charades?) Yes. (Why can't we free ourselves from the system?) The madness of money. (It's not money, it's people, right?) It's both, money and us in tandem, thus assuring money's might and our adherance to its loudness. (Madness...) Indeed. © 2017 Mark Richard Prime

THE ROCK HOLDS

The rock holds the soil in and from the soil springs the tree, the green of LIFE rolling from the blue, rising to the occasion of itself. . “Be!”, the (H)eartH declares, “Be what you are!” . (We thought we were!) . (We think we are!) . “You are, but not freely, therefore, only a thought, and a thought without much thinking, as if you were scared into it.”, the (H)eartH added. . [a quietude begins, the truth being heard and heeded, grooving to the flow] ~ © 2017 Mark Richard Prime