Skip to main content

The Two Lovebirds and the Dog


The two lovebirds and the dog, sounds like a nice title for a story, eh?

(For a sappy story!)

Perhaps, but I was thinking more along the lines of a story of two angels, lovebirds, and their loving companion, the warmth in what might be an otherwise loveless day.

I’m keeping this going, and my Love has her grasp of me tangled up in her Heart(H) and me tangled up in our hearts my (H)eartH in me…

If I was going to meet the force of darkness in the hell of my making, I thought why can’t I go there purposefully, why wouldn’t I imagine even the darkness as part of the fullness of Love’s purpose?

(Silence and sound, but there I go repeating myself, and the rest that grew out from that are belief, not necessarily reality. See? I don’t pretend to be anything that I can’t myself summon, so why not summon Love? Well in my upside down headed thinking, I came up against a storm of activity, the spirits were in a tizzy, so I thought I might straighten their course toward full Love and leave my fears behind to become one with God. It’s so damned simple it boggles the mind to imagine for yourself what you desire. It is God and Love that own our spirit! Boom boom and a rat a tat that!

(Put a sock in it!)

If you need a sock, why not?

(***)

It is not all my own, at least not anymore in this belief, I have found myself unable to hold a steady hand now for nearly 29 years. Which I'm fortunate enough to actually remember with this jangled up mind. Spirits galore, as far as the spirit can see...


© 2012 the spirit of Love dancing through Mark Richard Prime

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

sdrawkcaB nruT (Turn Backwards)

I have been witness to the four pillars and see no reason to carry death there. Doesn’t the world know that life moves for more than just the sons of Abraham? O! I see the stunned throats floating by in the dusk to their stiff-limbed sleep as metal rains down over the Jordan’s western prophet, children dying there. I am here, waiting, breathing in the dusk under the shadow of the patriarch, asking, can we again build the shrine inside the soul and leave our flesh to time? © 2008 mrp/thepoetryman

Waiting for It

Why do they stay there, between war and peace? Sky’s tapestry doles out guns, bombs and rocks while flesh and bone swim away from the ache yet live on as the food for the murder of peace. Why do we hide from the truth as if it were an ogre while death makes a home inside their living and war dispatches a raven to their door, smirking with the teeth of empire? Why do we wait, stooped for another wink? The sky’s drapery has tossed down ample clues, peace is breathing in harmony with war. (Road-maps are useless to blind leaders.) Why do they hold there, hunched in the gloom? Hatred’s bird cackling with bereavement needs end. Are we not rightly dishonored when we fill its trough with blood? © 2007 mrp/thepoetryman
........•SHRIEKING MACHINE•........                  •HEAD-LINES•                           •RIP•     ---(“Russian missiles blast Ukrainian military academy and hospital, killing more than 50, officials say”)---    There are no more lessons to learn here, no more beds to hold the human wounded, just missile’s shrieking their grotesque ode, The Death of Humankind! RIP, children of God…    ---(“Hundreds attend Mercer Island vigil, march for murdered Israeli hostages”)---    Dear mourners, this is the brutal vacuum of a genocidal, terror-filled, indiscriminate war-machine made of fear and we are all hostages to its deafening roar! RIP, children of God…    ---(“10-year-old allegedly confesses to fatally shooting 82-year-old man and his daughter”)---    I must confess, this is part of war’s shrieking, children lost with a we...