Skip to main content

The Sky is Ripe for Raining Love


Rejoice that the sky is mine to wonder of, not conquer, that the soil gives without asking anything, save I respect life. My tasks are for the earth, for love. Do battle the least with love that I might breathe life and eternally. End over end, back to the beginning, the perfect cycle of life …and rebirth and life and rebirth and life and rebirth until I see them as equal partners in creation’s outcome. It’s not mine to say, beginning to never-end…

Echo…

~

Laughter pierces my lips…

The stars, my entertainment,the water my drink, love my truth, the sun, and stars and planets and moons and mountains and seas and caverns and caves and celestial dust and the Milky Way, the grandfather. The soil, and all that rises from it evolving life is the grandmother. The two betrothed are love and life. Union. Kinship. Oath. Action. Belief. Truth.

We need find our footing, let the earth dance in the soles of our feet, rise to our flush temples and whisper love in one ear and remind us of where we are in the other. It’s the perfect marriage, love and home.

Love if you've Love in you. Love if you cannot imagine it. Love before the whole of creation looks back and fails to find even one affection…

~

Belief came sidling up to my arms and spread them wide and love exhaled in me, new born, purposed, prepared to face my own brand of music. The bow moved me over the strings, I played on them with an odd delivery, spoke them with full love and danced to my great fortune...

~

The darkness surrounds me, it sounds stunned, it looks distressed, the willow sways with grandmother hips. She moves beyond the gate and waits on our heavenly return.

The guitar cuts the silence in half and wraps its strike against the pulse of flesh and bone, run along now and get busy, love…



© 2012 by mark prime


Popular posts from this blog

sdrawkcaB nruT (Turn Backwards)

I have been witness to the four pillars and see no reason to carry death there. Doesn’t the world know that life moves for more than just the sons of Abraham? O! I see the stunned throats floating by in the dusk to their stiff-limbed sleep as metal rains down over the Jordan’s western prophet, children dying there. I am here, waiting, breathing in the dusk under the shadow of the patriarch, asking, can we again build the shrine inside the soul and leave our flesh to time? © 2008 mrp/thepoetryman

SKYFALL

Skyfall... We continue to play along with an unnatural game that has serious consequences, soon we'll find ourselves enslaved without recourse to the system. (Is that true of local charades?) Yes. (Why can't we free ourselves from the system?) The madness of money. (It's not money, it's people, right?) It's both, money and us in tandem, thus assuring money's might and our adherance to its loudness. (Madness...) Indeed. © 2017 Mark Richard Prime

THE ROCK HOLDS

The rock holds the soil in and from the soil springs the tree, the green of LIFE rolling from the blue, rising to the occasion of itself. . “Be!”, the (H)eartH declares, “Be what you are!” . (We thought we were!) . (We think we are!) . “You are, but not freely, therefore, only a thought, and a thought without much thinking, as if you were scared into it.”, the (H)eartH added. . [a quietude begins, the truth being heard and heeded, grooving to the flow] ~ © 2017 Mark Richard Prime