Skip to main content

One of Love’s Many Spirits Smiled Upon Me Today


One of love’s many spirits smiled upon me today. We hugged a warm love, her name escaped my mind, but not her spirit. Her love for all was awake within her eyes as she occupied the space with joy.

Peace, love and goodness be unto you, spirit.

~

The last note of a song holds me aloft, the net return shakes my knees- a song, cello, Bach, track thirteen, one, thirteen, twelve- the willow would have spoken with me longer tonight, but the traffic stole her thunder, her lightening and her rain. Oh, rain! Cascade all around me like a curtain falling its dust in the sun...

~

I’m trying to remember what I learned yesterday. I suppose I needn’t have to memorize something for it to suddenly escape my ready lips…

~

It started as a notion. No. That’s not true. It came as truth.

Let the truth be without name. Without verse, without need of humankind’s input, without the sludge of humans, the radiant toxins of their beliefs, instead, bring love’s joy, love’s peace, love’s loyalty.

Let me try and usher in a new humanity, one without want or greed or sin, without murder, rape or war, hunger, thirst or a need of more.

~

Fear is humankind’s weakness. It brought them to their knees. Oh this bane upon life has strung their last light across the merriment of consumption.

I must love now. Now.

Creation calls out to you with his and her lungs. Lungs of life waiting to breathe you back to who you were, who you've always been, you just failed to remember.

The guitar moved in Tim’s hand as Dave opened the flood gates that cannot hold back his voice- Tell them you needn't be heard, tell them they knew you before you knew love…

Follow me if you will. I’ll go a long way to return the Love bestowed upon me. If you want to come along, smile and dance in paradise with me. If you’d rather stay, peace, love and goodness be unto you, I’ll be seeing you in the reality of your making, nonetheless.


© 2012 by mark prime

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

sdrawkcaB nruT (Turn Backwards)

I have been witness to the four pillars and see no reason to carry death there. Doesn’t the world know that life moves for more than just the sons of Abraham? O! I see the stunned throats floating by in the dusk to their stiff-limbed sleep as metal rains down over the Jordan’s western prophet, children dying there. I am here, waiting, breathing in the dusk under the shadow of the patriarch, asking, can we again build the shrine inside the soul and leave our flesh to time? © 2008 mrp/thepoetryman

Waiting for It

Why do they stay there, between war and peace? Sky’s tapestry doles out guns, bombs and rocks while flesh and bone swim away from the ache yet live on as the food for the murder of peace. Why do we hide from the truth as if it were an ogre while death makes a home inside their living and war dispatches a raven to their door, smirking with the teeth of empire? Why do we wait, stooped for another wink? The sky’s drapery has tossed down ample clues, peace is breathing in harmony with war. (Road-maps are useless to blind leaders.) Why do they hold there, hunched in the gloom? Hatred’s bird cackling with bereavement needs end. Are we not rightly dishonored when we fill its trough with blood? © 2007 mrp/thepoetryman
........•SHRIEKING MACHINE•........                  •HEAD-LINES•                           •RIP•     ---(“Russian missiles blast Ukrainian military academy and hospital, killing more than 50, officials say”)---    There are no more lessons to learn here, no more beds to hold the human wounded, just missile’s shrieking their grotesque ode, The Death of Humankind! RIP, children of God…    ---(“Hundreds attend Mercer Island vigil, march for murdered Israeli hostages”)---    Dear mourners, this is the brutal vacuum of a genocidal, terror-filled, indiscriminate war-machine made of fear and we are all hostages to its deafening roar! RIP, children of God…    ---(“10-year-old allegedly confesses to fatally shooting 82-year-old man and his daughter”)---    I must confess, this is part of war’s shrieking, children lost with a we...