Skip to main content

This is not a Prayer or a Dream…


The gavel came down like the gargantuan thunder of Love. The storm passed too quickly, we thought. The squall ran its brazen claws against the mountain side- Drum, pound me your thunder! Roll across the valley like a comet and- Hit it! Bring the stick down hard against the skin! Let us hear our wailing prayers! Again and again let us memorize the loss if humankind succeeds in self-fulfilling prophecy.

So we are what we think…

There’s no need for formal introductions, brothers and sisters. We’re family. Two equal shorelines encircling bodies of water waning from pollution. I prayed to Love that we see with enough time to correct our grave mistake. I begged creation to wake us up from our slumber. Humankind has poisoned the apple, my queen.

Awaken, children! Your mother’s calling you…

~

My neck is stiff from sleeping. Maybe I’ll write something…?

~

I bent the light with my mind. It blinded me.

~

The music stopped playing with the drone of a failing battery. I was at a loss for…

~

The cat slinked down the street as if looking for something of himself that he’d misplaced. As if lost and without a friend, without the sweet breath of Love upon him, he disappeared with one last look over his shoulder. I now know Love. I used to think it was something altogether different, like a chameleon swordfighter who mistook his sword for his hand. Love’s a lot less complicated than we make it out to be. Do not hate. Do not seek your status with pride, let it come naturally. Trust in Love. If you don’t trust in Love, then trust in yourself.

Do you remember where you are?

Serenade me to sleep my lovely willow. Sling your long arms about and dream me to sleep.

Peace, Love and goodness be with the world…


© 2011 by mark prime


Popular posts from this blog

sdrawkcaB nruT (Turn Backwards)

I have been witness to the four pillars and see no reason to carry death there. Doesn’t the world know that life moves for more than just the sons of Abraham? O! I see the stunned throats floating by in the dusk to their stiff-limbed sleep as metal rains down over the Jordan’s western prophet, children dying there. I am here, waiting, breathing in the dusk under the shadow of the patriarch, asking, can we again build the shrine inside the soul and leave our flesh to time? © 2008 mrp/thepoetryman

SKYFALL

Skyfall... We continue to play along with an unnatural game that has serious consequences, soon we'll find ourselves enslaved without recourse to the system. (Is that true of local charades?) Yes. (Why can't we free ourselves from the system?) The madness of money. (It's not money, it's people, right?) It's both, money and us in tandem, thus assuring money's might and our adherance to its loudness. (Madness...) Indeed. © 2017 Mark Richard Prime

THE ROCK HOLDS

The rock holds the soil in and from the soil springs the tree, the green of LIFE rolling from the blue, rising to the occasion of itself. . “Be!”, the (H)eartH declares, “Be what you are!” . (We thought we were!) . (We think we are!) . “You are, but not freely, therefore, only a thought, and a thought without much thinking, as if you were scared into it.”, the (H)eartH added. . [a quietude begins, the truth being heard and heeded, grooving to the flow] ~ © 2017 Mark Richard Prime